Windows.UI.Popups.MessageDialog is showed in just half of the screen.

Question

• I'm investigating about a problem that a client is reporting and I found that MessageDialog is shown in just half if you follow some steps.

To be more specific I posted a video demonstrating the issue.

https://vimeo.com/59175423

I believe that the problem is related to checking the "landscape" mode in Application UI properties. If I uncheck it, the problem doesn't occur.

Is there a way to deal with it or it is a Windows 8 known issue?

Thursday, February 7, 2013 8:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Vincius,

I have logged a bug against our product for this particular issue and there do not appear to be any workarounds for this issue. Unfortunately I cannot tell when this will be fixed, but it is being tracked.

Thanks,

Prashant.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Vincius,

I am unable to reproduce the issue you displayed. The steps I followed are just create a GridApp project type of JavaScript and displayed a MessageDialog in the "ready" function of groupedItems.js. I then changed the properties of the app to support the Landscape rotation only. Then I ran the app on the simulator and tried to repro using the steps you showed and was unable to repro.

Can you share your repro project so that i can take a look?

Thanks,

Prashant.

Saturday, February 9, 2013 1:49 AM
  • Unfortunately, it is not reproducible on the simulator. =T
    Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:48 AM
  • Thanks, I am able to reproduce the issue on a Surface. Let me check what is happening and I will get back to you.

Regards,

Prashant.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:01 AM
  • Hi Vincius,

I have logged a bug against our product for this particular issue and there do not appear to be any workarounds for this issue. Unfortunately I cannot tell when this will be fixed, but it is being tracked.

Thanks,

Prashant.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:05 PM