none
MS Dynamics CRM 2017 On Premise Installation

Question

• Hello,

We want to install the MS dynamics crm 2016 on premise to our company.

Due to the security norms we can not provide local admin rights for sql server installation. On the application server we can do the installation and reporting issues. Security groups can be created manually by our IT team.

The issue is on the local admin rights for sql database server. Company doesn't allow to give local admin to Dynamics.

What could be the possible workarounds, solutions?

And also what is the impact of local admin user on the sql database? If the user has no crucial impact like changing something on program files etc., we can give the rights just for the installation.

Then the local admin should be needed permanently?

Thanks,

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 11:34 AM

All replies

• Hi SalihBakirli,

Please correct me if I’m wrong:

>>Due to the security norms we cannot provide local admin rights for sql server installation.

Based on my past experience, I would say domain admin would also work. Login into your server as domain admin and restart the installation process.

>>And also what is the impact of local admin user on the sql database?
    >>Then the local admin should be needed permanently?
    Not quite sure what you mean, but local administrator account is normally used when:
    1. Perform SQL Server installation/repair, in such case domain administrator should also work.
    2. When you are accidently locked out of SQL Server. In this case domain admin should also work since it also belongs to local administrator group.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 10, 2016 2:33 AM