Hebrew Text in Smart Device Project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Smart Device project in .NET 3.5 (VS 2008). I have a label and button, and I want that when the button clicked, the text will change to some hebrew text.

But, for some reason, I can't do this because the hebrew text dowsn't shown well (squares instead characters). I use one of the default emulators.

how can i solve this problem?

thanks.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 4:48 PM

Answers

• To work with language X you must use device which supports language X. If you’re trying to use English device (or emulator) to work with Hebrew nothing good would come out of it because it has no fonts and does not support locale specific setting for that language. So go to your local store and purchase device localized in Hebrew. Another possibility is some 3rd party localization package which you might be able to install on to ENU device and get it localized in Hebrew.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 7:09 PM

All replies

• To work with language X you must use device which supports language X. If you’re trying to use English device (or emulator) to work with Hebrew nothing good would come out of it because it has no fonts and does not support locale specific setting for that language. So go to your local store and purchase device localized in Hebrew. Another possibility is some 3rd party localization package which you might be able to install on to ENU device and get it localized in Hebrew.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 7:09 PM
  • Hi Shahar
    Did you find any solution for this problem?
    Thanks
    Baruch
    Monday, June 15, 2009 2:38 PM