none
Vertex for centre of eyes in HD Face Tracking? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was investigating the possibility of being able to track the movement of a user's iris (with the intention to create a basic form of gaze detection myself, I'm aware Kinect does not have this built in). I played around with the 2D Face Tracking sample from the SDK however that did not detect iris movement.

I tried building from the HD Face Tracking sample and attempted to iterate through all 1347 vertices, however I could not find a vertex that was positioned on a user's iris (and that would move in relation to the iris' movement).

In Kinect V1, the 113 vertices that could be obtained had 1 vertex that was located in the centre of the user's eye. If I recall correctly, this vertex would move in relation to the movement of the user's iris.

I wanted to know whether such a vertex exists in Kinect V2. I'd imagine if it did exist, it would be located in the HD Face Tracking APIs. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 1:00 AM

All replies

• Both the v1 and v2 SDK don't do eye gaze tracking.

You can get an estimate on where the eyeball is using the 2D face tracker or HDface tracker but you'll have to come up with your own algorithm to track the eye gaze, possibly by analyzing the IR/Color streams around those points.

Brekel

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 10:12 AM