none
Is there any option to create a Azure Germany Tenant? RRS feed

• Question

• We currently have the issue that we can't create new Azure Germany Tenants with this URL "https://account.windowsazure.de/Home/Index"

Have any body an Idea how I can create a Tenant in germany? 

Thursday, February 7, 2019 12:26 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately , you are correct . at this point it does not seem to be an option anymore. Is it not something that you can test within the Azure public cloud or your user case/scenario specifically requires to be tested within Azure Germany cloud only? If it does require Azure Germany cloud only then at this point we do not have any other way. Also just for information , If your test case includes some B2B scenario then it was never possible within the restricted Germany cloud as B2B as a capability never existed within the Azure Germany cloud , not even for two different companies with tenants within the Azure Germany cloud. Hope the information helps. 

Thank you. 

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!!

• Marked as answer by Paul Jeschke Monday, February 18, 2019 5:07 PM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2019 10:49 AM

All replies

• Hello Paul

Germany has a separate Azure Instance which is not connected to rest of the world due to special german data protection rules. If you have created a Azure subscription , you already should have a tenant which would have got created while subscription creation.If you require to know more while dealing with an existing tenant , you can check the documentation here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/germany/  In case you are trying to create a new subscription the on-boarding seems to have stopped for now and no new companies are being on-boarded to the restricted germany azure cloud.  Alternatively you can call 0800-627-1035 from any Germany local number and reach us in case you require more information . 

There is a plan for separate data centers which would be connected to global azure cloud and offer azure public cloud in addition to isolated Azure Germany cloud. However this is still a work in progress. you can read more in the following article. Once this is available you should be able to sign up new subscriptions/tenant. 

https://news.microsoft.com/europe/2018/08/31/microsoft-to-deliver-cloud-services-from-new-datacentres-in-germany-in-2019-to-meet-evolving-customer-needs/

Hope the information helps. 

Thank you . 

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!!

Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:33 PM
  • My case is a little bit special. I'm a owner of an EA Department and can create new accounts. I allready have an azure tenant in germany and need a new tenant. 

The first way was over the EA portal but this result mostly in an little bit confusing tenant name. So we used the website I have linked in the question.

But the current situation is the website from the question don't have the button anymore and in the EA portal the account creation throws an error.

So it mean also current customers can't create new tenants right?

Thursday, February 7, 2019 5:13 PM
  • I believe you should be able to create new tenants from Azure portal. Due to restrictions I do not have a test environment in the germany cloud where I can check this for you . But I can ask internally for that. At this point could you please try something as below. 

Logon to the Azure portal . On the portal , you should have an option to "create a resource" . Click that and select azure active Directory. You should be able to create a tenant using that. If the create tenant option gives you error or that option is not there at all , let me know.

The experience of the Marketplace UX within Azure Germany cloud can be different than the normal azure account as shown above. Let me know if this works for you. 

Also the URL "https://account.windowsazure.de/Home/Index" is for creating new Azure subscription rather than tenant . When you say tenant , I understand that you are trying to create a new Azure AD . Please confirm if my understanding is correct. If it is just Azure AD then try the above method to create the new directory from azure Portal using an user account which is the subscription Owner. And if it is a new subscription that you are talking about then that capability is stopped for now. Please let me know if this information worked for you. 

Thank you. 

Friday, February 8, 2019 7:04 AM
  • Now in the portal, I can't create a new tenant. 

Yes, you are right the website is to create new Azure subscriptions. But you can also use it to create new tenants with well-formed names.

Okay, so there is no option, right?

Monday, February 11, 2019 5:30 PM
  • Unfortunately , you are correct . at this point it does not seem to be an option anymore. Is it not something that you can test within the Azure public cloud or your user case/scenario specifically requires to be tested within Azure Germany cloud only? If it does require Azure Germany cloud only then at this point we do not have any other way. Also just for information , If your test case includes some B2B scenario then it was never possible within the restricted Germany cloud as B2B as a capability never existed within the Azure Germany cloud , not even for two different companies with tenants within the Azure Germany cloud. Hope the information helps. 

Thank you. 

• Marked as answer by Paul Jeschke Monday, February 18, 2019 5:07 PM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2019 10:49 AM