App Manifest is Missing error when creating app package

General discussion

• I'm not sure what's going wrong with my project but when I select Project->Store->Create App Packages in VS2012 (full version, not Express) I get an error, "Unable to build and app package because the app manifest is missing. Add an app manifest to the project". However, there is an app manifest file in the "Solution Explorer" window and I see it in the Release directory and its subdirectories. I can double-click on it and see that it is filled out correctly.

In addition, when I select Project->Store, the "Edit App Manifest" menu item is grayed out.

If I create a simple program based on the Direct2DApp1 template, it works fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Note: this is a C++ program based on the Direct2DApp template.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:48 AM

All replies

• No need to reply. I'm abandoning my Metro app effort and am going to add a "tablet" mode to my existing Win32 program. The Desktop behaves similar to a Metro app on a tablet and the limited touch support I need comes through standard messages to my Win32 app (I don't handle them but they're translated to mousemove and mousewheel messages, which I already handle). I'll probably add explicit support for the touch messages to make pinching more precise.

I will be able to salvage some of my Metro UI design for this fullscreen/tablet mode, so all is not lost.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 4:50 PM