How to create DLL file using VS 2010 ? RRS feed

• Question

• User901796280 posted
    Hi There,

Do you know how to recompile or rebuild the files/source files and then create a new *.DLL  file ?
    If yes, then please read on below.

------------------------------------ begin ---------------------------------
    We were using itextsharp for pdf generation on the fly in a .net web application. Everything was working fine in our local server. But when we uploaded to the production server, we got an exception with the following details:
    Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.
    After searching we found that itextsharp dll is compiled to run in full trust. So we found the following solution.
    We think it will be helpful for people deploying applications using itextsharp in hosted environments (like godaddy in our case):

1. You should download the source code for itextsharp.

2. Then you have to modify the AssemblyInfo.cs file by adding these references and attribute:

using System.Security;
    using System.Security.Permissions;
    [assembly: AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers]

3. You should recompile itextsharp and copy again in your bin directory (depending on the way you use it).

---------------------------------- end --------------------------------

I had download the latest source files. But when rebuild it. I don't see see the Bin folder and I don't see
    andy  *.DLL files was generated.

My question is how can I rebuild or recompile the files<var id="yiv34304717yui-ie-cursor"></var> so that I can get the new *.DLL file.

Thanks,

May
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:43 PM

Answers

All replies

• User465171450 posted

Try looking for an object directory. This is normally a directory you see when you have class libraries. It will have debug and release sub-directories depending upon the settings when you built the project.

Saturday, October 1, 2011 11:01 PM
  • User901796280 posted

Try looking for an object directory. This is normally a directory you see when you have class libraries. It will have debug and release sub-directories depending upon the settings when you built the project.

Hi Mark,

I don't see the object directory, debug directory, and release directory.

Thanks,

May

Saturday, October 1, 2011 11:15 PM
  • User-448512826 posted

Hi,

try like..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397866.aspx

Thanks...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 9:55 AM