chkdsk,sfc/scannow RRS feed

• Question

• can i get an answer to the folllowing questions,because from ms Community they told me that i should refer to tech net for specialized answers on chkdsk and sfc/scannow commands under the diagnostic tools forum .so

1)after running chkdsk i am getting the result that 'Windows examined and spotted problems into system file'. then i am running the chkdsk /r /f command but nothing changes..so can i do something else to fix those problems????..also what is the diference if i run  chkdsk /r /f or if I run chkdsk/spotfix?

2)also someone gave me those commands for fix corrupt files found by the sfc/scannow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

but someone send me this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us                      concerning about how can i view the detailes in the sfc/scannow results and how can i manual replace a corrupt system file from a known good Copy of the file...so the 2 dism commands are doing the same exact job with the manual way?

also what means this instruction:

*If you are running windows 10 (build 10049 or below) you need to have an ISO file mounted and need to specify where it is located with the below command

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess  Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located.  Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

If you do not have an ISO you can make one.  The instructions are here

which is from the link:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

3)how for the same mashine when i am running sfc/scannow and chkdsk i am getting as results that 'Windows resource Protection found corrupt files but was unale to fix some of them' and 'Windows has checked the file system and found no problems' respectively ..

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 1:54 PM

Answers

• 1-What is the exact message from CHKDSK?
    2-Did you run CHKDSK /R or /F?

3-What OS are you running?

4-What were the results of SFC /scannow?  (did it say no intergety violations, found and fixed, or found and could not fix)?

What is the underlying issue that you ran SFC & CHKDSK for?

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Marked as answer by METTAS Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:30 PM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2015 2:08 PM

All replies

• 1-What is the exact message from CHKDSK?
    2-Did you run CHKDSK /R or /F?

3-What OS are you running?

4-What were the results of SFC /scannow?  (did it say no intergety violations, found and fixed, or found and could not fix)?

What is the underlying issue that you ran SFC & CHKDSK for?

• Marked as answer by METTAS Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:30 PM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2015 2:08 PM
  • 1)Windows spotted problems on system file

2)chdsk /r /f

3)win 8.1 pro 64 bit

4)Windows resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

5)just to see the results that i will get no speciall problem the pc Works fine

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:30 PM
  • so is there some some answers to my questions?????
    Sunday, June 28, 2015 10:19 PM
  • What were the results of DISM?

(instructions for DISM in this wiki)

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...
    Should you have any questions please ask us.

Sunday, June 28, 2015 10:35 PM
  • i dindn run it yet.but can you answer all of my question s please?

and why you saying??( Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher..)

Monday, June 29, 2015 4:42 PM
  • You had 4 questions I answered 4 question and suggested a course of action.  UP to you to follow it or not.  Your call

Monday, June 29, 2015 4:48 PM
  • where are the specific answeres to these questions???

1)after running chkdsk i am getting the result that 'Windows examined and spotted problems into system file'. then i am running the chkdsk /r /f command but nothing changes..so can i do something else to fix those problems????..also what is the diference if i run  chkdsk /r /f or if I run chkdsk/spotfix?

2)also someone gave me those commands for fix corrupt files found by the sfc/scannow

but someone send me this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us                      concerning about how can i view the detailes in the sfc/scannow results and how can i manual replace a corrupt system file from a known good Copy of the file...so the 2 dism commands are doing the same exact job with the manual way?

*If you are running windows 10 (build 10049 or below) you need to have an ISO file mounted and need to specify where it is located with the below command

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess  Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located.  Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

which is from the link:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-system/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

3)how for the same mashine when i am running sfc/scannow and chkdsk i am getting as results that 'Windows resource Protection found corrupt files but was unale to fix some of them' and 'Windows has checked the file system and found no problems' respectively ..

Monday, June 29, 2015 6:04 PM
  • but again i went throught the forums and select the same category under all forums ,so what is the difference?can you answer my questions please? i think with the experience & knowledge that everyone  has here those questions must be a joke...
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 4:20 PM
  • read it your self and if you tell me that it is too hard . or you dont understand anything  in a queston like:       if there are other ways to fix the issues found by chkdsk command besides the chkdsk /r /f command...

i will withdraw it..

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 11:35 PM
  • 1-after running chkdsk i am getting the result that 'Windows examined and spotted problems into system file is not a message you would see when using check disk.  What is the exact error message?

2-also someone gave me those commands for fix corrupt files found by the sfc/scannow 

Scan health fixes nothing, restore health fixes as much as it can

You did not tell us what OS you are running so I cannot comment on the quote from my wiki.

3-CHKDSK examines the file system on the HD.  It has NOTHING to do with "windows resource protection found corrupt files"  System file check does. The conflicting error messages cant be commented on either because again you have given us out of context error messages that are not complete

What is the reason that you are running SFC, CHKDSK, and DISM?  why did you want to  run those tests

Wednesday, July 1, 2015 11:52 PM
  • 1)the exact message of chkdsk is 'windows spotted problems into system file' i have win 8.1 pro 64 bit,         then i am running the 'chkdsk /r /f' command but  it doesnt fix nothing..  so can i do something else to fix those problems????..also what is the diference if i run  'chkdsk /r /f' or if I run 'chkdsk/spotfix'?

2)i am not saying  that 'sfc/scannow' fixes something, i am just saying that after i run the 'sfc/scannow' i am getting the result 'windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them'

so someone told me to run those:

but someone also send me this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us. concerning on how can i view the details in the 'sfc/scannow' results and how can i manual replace a corrupt system file from a known good Copy (of the same file)...so the 2 dism commands are doing the same exact job with the manual way??

3)how for another mashine with win 8.1 pro 64 bit when i am running 'sfc/scannow' and 'chkdsk' i am getting as results that 'Windows resource Protection found corrupt files but was unale to fix some of them' and 'Windows has checked the file system and found no problems' respectively .. (i am attaching a print screen of that)

Thursday, July 2, 2015 8:11 PM