none
error code 80070645 on windows vista update kb951847 RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the error code 80070645 when trying to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 on my windows vista

If I try to desinstall the "original version"  it does not allow me saying there are some features missing. Earlier I run the windows cleanup toll to remove a program and I am positive it also deleted the keys for the framework 3.5, because it deleted the office, itunes etc, and I neede to reinstall these programs again.

Any help?

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 6:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi 1powerpuffgirl,

.NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) installs a set of known application compatibility issues with Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1. So let's begin with .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1.

Error code 80070645 means "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed".

Could you please clarify "If I try to desinstall the "original version" it does not allow me saying there are some features missing."?
    Do you mean that you want to uninstall .NET Framework 3.5?

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, July 10, 2009 9:14 AM
  • yes that is correct. if i go to "remove programs" and try to desinstal the NET framework 3.5 it starts but in the end is not successful. 
    Someone thought the problem was with the windows update, which isnt tru as it is able to update all the others programs I have--includinf microsif, such as the office
    Friday, July 10, 2009 9:19 AM
  • Hi 1powerpuffgirl,

Please try .NET Framework Cleanup Tool to remove .NET Framework 3.5.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, July 10, 2009 9:21 AM
  • Hi again
    Befor I uninstall anything, may I ask if I do so is it going to be possible to install it back again? where would I be able to find the Net, Framework 3.5 PS1  to download again?

Many thanks...and almost there!
    Friday, July 10, 2009 9:42 AM
  • Hi 1powerpuffgirl,

Yes, you can install it back again. :)

Please try removing .NET Framework 3.5. Then download .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package) and install it.

If you have any issue during the installation, could you please try to use collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 from your "%temp%" folder?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Steps:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder

Thanks
    Friday, July 10, 2009 9:48 AM
  • Just to Summ up problems 

I was getting the error code 80070645  ONLY in updates relating to the frameNET 3.5. so I tried to unistall the program with no success using the unistall program tool. So steps tp sort issue:

1: Download the Net frame clean up tool from        http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog|_Tools/dotnetfx|_cleanup|_tool.zip
       run and it.....

2: Dowload again Net Framework 3.5 Service Pack .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package)   and run it

3: Run the update program ( control panel > Security > check for updates)..  It was able to update the NET Framework  but it failed the windows vista service pack and others...problem continues...

Friday, July 10, 2009 10:20 AM
  • Hi 1powerpuffgirl,

I'm so glad to hear that. Cheer! :)
    Friday, July 10, 2009 10:23 AM
  • the error now 8007002
    Friday, July 10, 2009 10:30 AM
  • Hi 1powerpuffgirl,

For Vista update issue, please consult it on Technet forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Friday, July 10, 2009 10:42 AM
  • im running  the sotution followinf the steps the solution centre for that code suggests. I THANK YOU for help with previous error code
     which i believe will help others
    • Marked as answer by 1powerpuffgirl Friday, July 10, 2009 10:45 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, July 13, 2009 2:41 AM
    Friday, July 10, 2009 10:45 AM