Biztalk 2013 BTDF doubt RRS feed

• Question

• HI experts,

My BTDF is working fine and i have a small doubt here.

When i deploy using BTDF my Helper components are deploying to GAC, But i need to show that resources under My biz application of BTS console.

I can see biztalk artifacts dll's, but i can't see helper components, they are directly installing in GAC.

Thanks in Advance.

Monday, February 23, 2015 11:39 AM

Answers

• Point one: For your requirement, enabling the “IncludeCompsAndVDirsAsResources” property could have added the assembly as "resources" in a BizTalk application. BUT this feature has been removed in the later version. This was available in BTDF 5.0 NOT in 6.0

Refer the following document reference from this tool’s page:

https://biztalkdeployment.codeplex.com/workitem/10022

Point two: When you managing the deployment using BTDF, you don’t need to add assemblies to the “resources" folder in BizTalk application. All the depended assemblies’ deployments are managed by BTDF. If you still need to have this functionality where you want to add your .NET assembly in "resources" folder of BizTalk application, then you need to use the older version of BTDF. It’s not available in BTDF 6.0. Using the older version of BTDF is not suggested option for BizTalk 2013. Option is yours.

Regards,

M.R.Ashwin Prabhu

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Monday, February 23, 2015 2:06 PM

All replies

• did you tried this,

Assemblies containing custom .NET components

The Components ItemGroup is appropriate for any assembly that contains custom .NET components (classes).  The assembly must contain only .NET artifacts.

<ItemGroup>

<Components Include="MyComponents.dll">

<LocationPath>..\$(ProjectName).Components\bin\$(Configuration)</LocationPath>

</Components>

</ItemGroup>

Include attribute: DLL file name

Repeating: 1 or more elements

Regards, Amit More

Monday, February 23, 2015 11:58 AM
  • HI,

Yes i have done that, it is deploying the helper dll directly to GAC, working as expected.No Issues.

My issue here is i need to see this helper dll in BTS admin console(Application---> Resources).

When i deploy this MSI is created, but when i try to export the created MSI to another system, helper assemblies are not showing in admin console.

• Edited by sandydv85 Monday, February 23, 2015 12:13 PM
    Monday, February 23, 2015 12:09 PM
  • set below property it will add your dll to resource, 

<IncludeCompsAndVDirsAsResources>True</IncludeCompsAndVDirsAsResources>

Regards, Amit More

Monday, February 23, 2015 1:02 PM
  • NO, its not showing the resource in admin console.

am using BTDF 6.0 version,the latest one.

Monday, February 23, 2015 1:16 PM
  • what you can do is run the Btstask command from yout btdf file to add your dll as resource, it will do add dll to your resource, but i am not sure why you want helper dll in resource folder.

<Target Name="CustomDeployTarget">    
        <exec command="BTSTask AddResource /ApplicationName:YourAppName /Type:Assembly /Overwrite /Source:..\..\your application\bin\$(Configuration)\****.dll /Destination:%%BTAD_InstallDir%%\****.dll /Options:GacOnAdd,GacOnInstall "/>
    </Target>

Regards, Amit More

Monday, February 23, 2015 2:04 PM
  • Point one: For your requirement, enabling the “IncludeCompsAndVDirsAsResources” property could have added the assembly as "resources" in a BizTalk application. BUT this feature has been removed in the later version. This was available in BTDF 5.0 NOT in 6.0

Refer the following document reference from this tool’s page:

https://biztalkdeployment.codeplex.com/workitem/10022

Point two: When you managing the deployment using BTDF, you don’t need to add assemblies to the “resources" folder in BizTalk application. All the depended assemblies’ deployments are managed by BTDF. If you still need to have this functionality where you want to add your .NET assembly in "resources" folder of BizTalk application, then you need to use the older version of BTDF. It’s not available in BTDF 6.0. Using the older version of BTDF is not suggested option for BizTalk 2013. Option is yours.

Regards,

M.R.Ashwin Prabhu

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply.

Monday, February 23, 2015 2:06 PM
  • thanks a lot Ashwin...
    Monday, February 23, 2015 2:35 PM