none
My package errors regarding "runFullTrust" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello to all,

I have my 13 years old MFC app ShixxNOTE. It is writen in Visual C++ 6.0 but with manifest for XP and I managed to sell my program to customers all around the world until Windows 10. When users download my setup and start it, they get this screen:

If I am a customer and if I see this image I would also click "Don't run" button instead small text link "More info". Because when you click on "More info" great button "Run anyway" appears but I think that only 5 percent of potential customers click that button.

BTW I used Tarma Installer program to create setup for ShixxNOTE. My ShixxNote.exe file is MFC app written in C++.

Then I decided to pay and became Microsoft Developer. Then I found about Desktop Bridge and all learned all about it. I decided to use Windows Certification Kit manually. Finally today I manage to create signed package and submit it to my Windows Dev Center account. But also now I got two errors:

ShixxNote.appx 818.4 KB

• Package acceptance validation error: You don't have permissions to specify the following namespaces in the appx manifest file of the package ShixxNote.appx: 
    • Package acceptance validation error: Your developer account doesn’t have permission to submit apps converted with the Desktop Bridge at this time.

I am sure that this node in my AppxManifest.xml create my errors

<Capabilities>
        <rescap:Capability Name="runFullTrust" />
      </Capabilities>

So now you know everything. And you know what I need. Please help me.

I send ticket to Microsoft and now I am waiting for answer. My program ShixxNOTE is client/server application with 2 threads. I have one opened port just for listening for incoming data. When I receive it I create beautiful colorful note on your desktop. So I am first scanning entire network for all computers in it, after that I just display created notes and listen on default port 200 for incoming data, if somebody send me note I am ready. Also in the same time I can send note to "n" recipients. I wrote all this to Microsoft and I hope they will approve my application and my package to use "runFullTrust".

Kind regards,

Ozren Sirola

Package acceptance validation error: Your developer account doesn’t have permission to submit apps converted with the Desktop Bridge at this time. https://aka.ms/desktopbridgeforwindowsstore

• Edited by Ozren Sirola Friday, April 21, 2017 9:24 PM Adding just a space ...
    Friday, April 21, 2017 9:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Sirola,

According to your description, you are using the Desktop Bridge with your existing app and are ready to distribute it through the Windows Store.
    Then you need to let Microsoft know by submitting the form at https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/projects/campaigns/desktop-bridge
    The review process might take a couple of business days.
    After that, you will receive emails from Microsoft working closely with you to manage the process of getting your converted app published in the Windows Store.
    So please submit the form first to get it started. And you are welcomed to update here if it get resolved or no response received.

Best Regards,
    Annievia Chen

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 6:26 AM