Samsung Slate getting an error that the installation couldn't configure my PC because of hardware issues

Question

• I am able to use the hardware keys to choose the dev preview option but then it gives me an error that it couldn't configure my PC.  Something about hardware issues.

I am not able to install it at all on the Slate.

I had no trouble with the Acer Iconia W500, but the Samsung Slate is not working for the install.

700T1A - A04 is the model I have.

Gerry

Saturday, December 10, 2011 5:28 PM

Answers

• Hey Gerry,

Since you are having a problem with an installation error, I have split your response from the original thread. If you are seeing this message from an email alert, you can access your new thread by visiting the MSDN forums, logging in, and then click the My Threads link to see your new thread.

Try disconnecting any external hardware that may be connect to the tablet or the dock if you have the tablet docked. Here are some examples of external hardware that may need to be disconnected during the installation: printer, scanner, fax, webcam, speakers, external (secondary) monitor, etc.

Once Windows Developer Preview has been installed you can visit the site linked below to download and install the drivers for your tablet.
    Support | Samsung Product Support & Service Solutions

Note: If any of your external hardware isn't functioning correctly after the installation, you can also visit the website of the manufacturer for the piece of hardware to obtain the latest driver.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 2:39 AM