none
Creating custom domain name for storage account

Question

• From @Cambridgeport90 via Twitter:

Just added a storage account in #Azure, created a custom domain for it, but it still shows the default.

Classic portal, normal resource group.

And it's on the general tab of the configuration under URL.

The domain that points to is also associated with an on premise resource.

Does it matter that the A records associated with the domain point to my IP?

What I'm saying is, the "storage" subdomain is a subdomain of my web site.

Domain points as an A record to my own IP address where the on premise server.

Do I need to have a completely separate, completely disassociated domain from anything on prem for this to work?

Documentation used: aka.ms/d1089180

In other words, the domain points to my own IP, but the cname points to Azure. Is that actually going to work?

Thanks,

@AzureSupport

Sunday, April 24, 2016 3:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

1.You can configure a custom domain for accessing blob data in your Azure storage account. The default endpoint for the Blob service is https://.blob.core.windows.net. If you map a custom domain and subdomain such as www.contoso.com to the blob endpoint for your storage account, then your users can also access blob data in your storage account using that domain.

2.Adding custom domains will not break the Azure-assigned domain.

Regards,

Vikranth S.

Sunday, April 24, 2016 3:11 PM
  • So, basically the environment is as follows: The domain is cambridgeport90.net (my web site, or it will be once this stuff gets sorted), which is hosted on premise, with the DNS pointing to 76.24.237.202. That's my external IP actually. So,, knowing that, will setting a cname of storage.cambridgeport90.net pointing then to my storage account in azure,, the fact that the domain has other records associated with it, will they conflict? (name.com says that the domain used in a cname should have no other DNS records associated with it.) Thanks for any feedback.
    Monday, April 25, 2016 2:21 AM