Easy Table REST access RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, please, if I set read permission for Easy Table to "Authenticated access only" what account is related to?
    Active Directory? Google/Facebook/Twitter?  Thanks a lot!
    Monday, May 30, 2016 12:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Pavel,

The SDK will not restrict access to any particular user, just enforce that the user has authenticated with any of the providers you select. The SDK does not have the concept of "groups" or similar - i.e. you need to implement your own authorization patterns.

After a user has authenticated, the req.azureMobile.user property will be populated with relevant details. You can find a simple example of "per-user" tables at https://github.com/Azure/azure-mobile-apps-node/tree/master/samples/personal-table.

Hope this helps!

• Proposed as answer by Donna Malayeri Friday, June 3, 2016 11:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pavel Sedina Saturday, June 4, 2016 11:32 PM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 11:01 PM
  • Hi Pavel,

Thank you for posting here!

Easy Tables is that it will automatically update and add the columns in the table dynamically based on the data we pass in. For this example, I’ll simply allow full anonymous access to the table, however it is possible to add authentication with Facebook, Twitter, Google, Microsoft, and other OAuth login providers.

Note: Set read permissions for easy tables are related to accessing the Easy Tables which are created under Authentication service which you use for authentication (Active Directory/Google/Facebook/Twitter).

Regards,

Swikruti

If a post answers your question, please click Mark as Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Pavel,

Thank you for posting here!

Easy Tables is that it will automatically update and add the columns in the table dynamically based on the data we pass in. For this example, I’ll simply allow full anonymous access to the table, however it is possible to add authentication with Facebook, Twitter, Google, Microsoft, and other OAuth login providers.

Note: Set read permissions for easy tables are related to accessing the Easy Tables which are created under Authentication service which you use for authentication (Active Directory/Google/Facebook/Twitter).

Regards,

Swikruti

If a post answers your question, please click Mark as Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:23 AM
  • Hi Pavel,

The SDK will not restrict access to any particular user, just enforce that the user has authenticated with any of the providers you select. The SDK does not have the concept of "groups" or similar - i.e. you need to implement your own authorization patterns.

After a user has authenticated, the req.azureMobile.user property will be populated with relevant details. You can find a simple example of "per-user" tables at https://github.com/Azure/azure-mobile-apps-node/tree/master/samples/personal-table.

Hope this helps!

• Proposed as answer by Donna Malayeri Friday, June 3, 2016 11:37 PM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 11:01 PM
  • thanks a lot!
    Saturday, June 4, 2016 11:32 PM
  • I'm currently migrating to the new Azure App Service (mobile) and it appears that the authentication has changed a little. (again very little documentation, probably since its new) Looks like when you configure the Authentication/Authorisation - it will pretty much make ALL Table requests unauthorised. regardless of the permission set on the table itself. is this the expected behaviour?

How to prevent Authentication/Authorisation from impacting table access. 

Or how to have Authentication/Authorisation enabled, yet still allows public access to the tables.

Reason, i don't want force all users to login to use the App. They are allowed to login but its optional and they should be able to browse data etc without the need to authenticate.
    Friday, October 14, 2016 3:19 PM
  • Hi Tofrex,

In the Azure portal, you can set the unauthenticated option to "Allow request" which will effectively allow the unauthenticated request through to the backend if no auth token is provided.

Hope this helps!

Monday, October 17, 2016 6:10 PM