EF 6.4 - Partial Class for outstanding balance not getting syntax right RRS feed

• Question

• User379720387 posted

I have a class Transaction and a class Owner that is generated from the database when updating Model.edmx

In addition there are a few customizations on both in a partial classes.

Need to get the Sum of Transaction.Charge for a specific providerId, ownerId with conditions IsBilled= true and IsPaid = false

Cannot figure out if this is an extension on Owner or on Transaction. I would navigate Owner.Transactions

Then the actual code is also resulting in a squiggle:

public decimal outstandingBalance(List<Transaction> transactions, int providerId, int ownerBillToId)
    	{
    		var balance = transactions
    			.Where(t => t.ProviderId = providerId
    					&& t.ownerBillToId = ownerBillToId
    					&& t.IsBilled
    					&& t.IsPaid = 0)
    					.Charge.Sum();
    		return (decimal)balance;
    	}

squiggles are on = providerId and = ownerBillToId with a complaint about operator && cannot be used with int? and int

Sunday, May 24, 2020 3:34 AM

Answers

• User1120430333 posted

squiggles are on = providerId and = ownerBillToId with a complaint about operator && cannot be used with int? and int

You may have to implement code for using the nullable types and null coalescing operators.

https://dzone.com/articles/nullable-types-and-null-coalescing-operator-in-c

But I would also say that whatever property is nullable see if you can remove the nullable off of it.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, May 24, 2020 7:15 AM
  • User-821857111 posted

&& (t.ownerBillToId != null && t.ownerBillToId.Value == ownerBillToId)
    Sunday, May 24, 2020 9:42 AM

All replies

• User1120430333 posted

You may have to implement code for using the nullable types and null coalescing operators.

https://dzone.com/articles/nullable-types-and-null-coalescing-operator-in-c

But I would also say that whatever property is nullable see if you can remove the nullable off of it.

Sunday, May 24, 2020 7:15 AM
  • User-821857111 posted

&& (t.ownerBillToId != null && t.ownerBillToId.Value == ownerBillToId)
    Sunday, May 24, 2020 9:42 AM
  • User379720387 posted

Ended up making the permanent fix in the db, by removing the check mark for "allow null".

Monday, May 25, 2020 3:16 PM