none
I have a problem when lifting Excel files RRS feed

• Question

• Hello
    I make a website using asp.net c#
    On-site access to data from Excel file
    my website  on my computer works without errors
    And on the website server and when I set Excel file Please click on the button lift gives me the following error

"The 'Microsoft.Ace.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine."

my conection string is :

OleDbConnection oldbcon = new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Ace.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=" + path + ";Extended Properties='Excel 12.0 xml;HDR=NO;IMEX =1 ;ImpoertMixedtypes = text;typeGuessRows = 0'");

Friday, May 29, 2015 8:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• From your problem description, it seems you are not using the VSTO extensions, so it's unlikely someone is going to see this who can help you. I'm therefore moving your question to the Excel for Developers forum...

But have you researched the error message on the Internet? It is certainly a common error, although I'm not familiar with all possible causes and their solutions.

I also see a typing error in the Connection string: You spell ImpoertMixedtypes but it should be: ImportMixedTypes

You're also missing a closing apostrophe: ='Excel 12.0 xml

There may be other errors, so you should check it carefully.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Saturday, May 30, 2015 4:17 PM
  • No one knows the solution to the problem !!!!!

Sunday, May 31, 2015 7:38 PM
  • Hi ftaalish,

This forum is for developers discusing developing issue about Excel automation and customization etc. Since the issue is more relative to retrieve using ADO.Net, I would move it to ADO.NET Managed Providers forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 1, 2015 5:23 AM
  • Hi ftaalish,

You could refer to this post:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d5c04c7-157f-4955-a14b-41d912d50a64/how-to-fix-error-the-microsoftaceoledb120-provider-is-not-registered-on-the-local-machine?forum=vstsdb

From this post, you could try to install this first:  http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=13255.

If it doesnt work for you, try the following method:

download and install this: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=23734, this DOES work for office 2010 even though it is for 2007 office

Regards,
    Youjun Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 1, 2015 6:50 AM