locked
TimeOut Error RRS feed

  • Question

  • User965751865 posted
    Hello All, I just ran into an interesting error. I have a longer running aggregrate query for one of my reports that now exceeds the timeout limit of the SQL server. While the issue itself is easy to fix, the effects it has on the block is disasterous. I am running the Data Access block as part of a Data Access layer that feeds a set of web services for the application. The interesting part is that once this timeout occurs, any query to the database from any of the services fail as well. It would seem that it locks all the treads to that database. Further, restarting the application or even IIS doesn't help. The only two solutions that work are going into SQL and manually terminating all the connections or restarting SQL server all together. I must say I don't like either of these options and was wondering if anyone had some ideas as to modifications to fix this. Thanks, -Dan
    Monday, June 28, 2004 9:58 AM

All replies

  • User-158764254 posted
    i have had stored procs timeout but never experienced your results... to get around my timeout, i simply didnt use the DAAB for that particular call. creating the command object yourself allows you to adjust the timeout.
    Sunday, July 4, 2004 12:32 AM