Can I make a app which can show on screen display on desktop and metro style??

Question

• I have to implement a app which can show OSD (on screen display) on both desktop and metro style.

I've check the toast, dialogbox, popup menu, but these aren't what I want.                       

The app I want is just like the below pic (The flight mode off).                                                       

When I got some event, then system will show the OSD on both desktop and metro style.            

Can anybody provide some  samples or references.                                                 

Thanks a lot.
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• Toasts would be the appropriate way to implement this. In what way are they not sufficient for your needs?

--Rob

Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:55 AM
    Owner
  • As far as I know, the size of the toast can't be changed.

I have to allocate the appropriate size and location for my project.

Is it possible to change a toast's size and location?

thanks.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:07 AM
  • No. There is no way provided to do what you ask. I recommend that you write your app to follow the Windows style guidelines.

--Rob

Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:13 PM
    Owner