none
BizTalk 2010 - Flat File to EDI with Batching. Party Resolution in Orchestration. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an interface which takes in a custom XML document. This document is then mapped in orchestration to the EDI 210 schema.

I need to batch these 210 messages using the built in batching orchestration. From what I understand, in the orchestration I have to set the following context properties:

1. EDI.ToBeBatched = true

2. EDI.BatchId = [batch id from party configuration]

This is where I have a problem. From what I understand, The BatchId is not under user control. It can change from environment to environment. This means I would have to change the code before each deployment. This is not ideal.

What I am wondering is if there is a way to dynamically set these context properties similar to the EDI receive pipeline.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:09 PM

Answers

• Thanks boatseller.

Here is my situation. I am making this orchestration process any of the EDI 210 messages that didn't go through the EDI receive pipeline. The point is to check if any of them need to be in a batch. This means that the party names and batch name can change from message to message.

I have figured out a workaround for now. In my orchestration I am executing a simple pipeline that has the BatchMarker pipeline component in it. This seems to work for getting the batching properties from the party dynamically.

Thank you again for the reply.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:45 PM

All replies

• Correct, the BatchID is simply sequential.

There are two ways to route messages to the Batching Orchestration.

1. EDI.ToBeBatched = true

EDI.BatchId = x

- OR -

2. EDI.ToBeBatched = true

EDI.ReceiverPartyName = 'rec party'

EDI.BatchName = 'batch name'

EDI.AgreementName = 'agmt name'

EDI.SenderPartyName = 'sndr party'

For option 2, you have control over all values.  The 2010 documentation still described the 2009 method.  Doc bug files a while ago.

However, if you use one of the config tools, such as this one, you can provide a truly configurable batch routing.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:33 PM
  • Thanks boatseller.

Here is my situation. I am making this orchestration process any of the EDI 210 messages that didn't go through the EDI receive pipeline. The point is to check if any of them need to be in a batch. This means that the party names and batch name can change from message to message.

I have figured out a workaround for now. In my orchestration I am executing a simple pipeline that has the BatchMarker pipeline component in it. This seems to work for getting the batching properties from the party dynamically.

Thank you again for the reply.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:45 PM