none
Is there some way to edit my time sheet through Project Server's API? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Ok, so we use SharePoint at work and we use Project to list our hours on a time sheet on a daily basis (sometimes monthly). I quite frankly think that this is just a huge waste of time, and would rather automate it through some script or another. The thing is that I don't really know what I should be looking for. I found out that there is a REST API to access Project's API, but all I found was how to add stuff to projects, not really much about editing time sheets. 

For instance when I make a GET request with Postman to this URL: http://< Company URL >/<PWA name>/_api, I get an HTTP 200, which is fine and everything but it isn't really giving me anything except for a clue that I'm on the right path.

Personally I want to use Python, Go  or Node.js to fill out my time sheet but I don't know if any of those languages is really going to work with this API. I keep seeing things about C# and JavaScript but not much about those other languages. 

I'm not an admin at my company though, I only have access to my time sheet, I don't know if that changes anything. 

Thursday, April 12, 2018 4:16 AM

All replies