Database Project Not Available in SQL Database Project Dropdown of LightSwitch Project Properties RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Can anyone explain why, after I applied the latest update to VS2013 Preview (Version 12.0.20623.01 Update); when I add a database project to the LightSwitch project, the database project is not available for selection from the SQL Database Project dropdown within the General Properties of the LightSwitch project?

This is happening in both of the following scenarios:

1. After applying the VS2013 Preview update, an existing VS2013 Preview LigthSwitch project that was working fine with the Database project, now experiences issue.
    2. After applying the update, I created a brand new project and then added the database project. The same thing happened.

Any ideas why the SQL Database Project dropdown of the General Properties tab in the LightSwitch project properties?

Any feedback is appreciated,

Cheers.

PP

Monday, August 5, 2013 4:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Paul

Sorry for time deplay,

According to your description, first it's recommanded to un-install this Version 12.0.20623.01 Update, and check whether it has same issue,

if it works fine after un-install this update, I think it maybe a Visual Studio 2013 preview problem, you can consider submitting this issue to Microsoft Connect feedback LightSwitch portal (https://connect.microsoft.com/  ),  Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously,

Thanks for your support and understanding,

Best regards

Angie xu

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 26, 2013 3:37 AM
  • Monday, August 26, 2013 2:30 PM
  • If you're still having problems with this check the installed versions of SQL Server Local DB. 

If you have both versions it's likely that LightSwitch is using the 2012 version and the SQL Database Project is using the 2014 version. To fix this you'll need to reset the default Data Connections option at the Visual Studio level.

For me it was Tools>Options>Database Tools> Data Connections.

Once I changed mine from v11.0 to ProjectsV12, the SQL Database Projects dropdown worked without a hitch.

• Proposed as answer by Garth HPE Thursday, August 7, 2014 10:42 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Garth HPE Monday, August 11, 2014 4:49 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 10:42 PM
  • And of course even if you change the VS2013 global setting from v11 (SQL 2012) to ProjectsV12 (SQL 2014), it looks like LightSwitch is hard coded to only use v11. If you're using VS2013 and using SSDT, it is targeting ProjectsV12.

So in the end you can work around these issues, but if you're working on a project with other developers, everyone will have to implement the same work around.

Monday, August 11, 2014 4:55 PM