none
Viewing photos in Windows 10 by Month & Year RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and wondered if anyone can help me with a query please ?

In Windows 7 I had all my photos of the grandchildren in one folder called 'Freddie & Anna' that was set up as follows: 'Libraries/Pictures/My Photos/Freddie & Anna'. There were no sub folders for months/years within the 'Freddie & Anna' folder. When I clicked on the folder 'Freddie & Anna' the system displayed month & year 'icons' so that I could select the photos I wanted to view by clicking on the appropriate month & year 'icon'. If my memory is correct I did this by using 'Arrange by' within the 'Freddie & Anna' folder. 

I have set up the following folder structure in Windows 10: 'Libraries/Pictures/My Pictures/My Photos/Freddie & Anna' and all the photos of my grandchildren are in the folder 'Freddie & Anna'. There are no sub folders for months/years within the 'Freddie & Anna' folder. When I click on the folder 'Freddie & Anna' I want my system to do what it did in Windows 7 and display the month & year icons but it does what I don't want and displays all the photos and groups them under the headings 'Earlier This Week', 'Last Week', 'Earlier This Month', Earlier This Year', and 'A Long Time Ago'.  The system does this very slowly.

In Windows 7 the system was pretty quick to display the month & year 'icons' and then to display the appropriate photos if I clicked on one of the month & year 'icons'.

I would like to set up my folders/photos in Windows 10 so they are displayed as my system did in Windows 7.

Can anyone help me to do this please ?

Thanks, Steve.

Saturday, April 2, 2016 3:35 PM

All replies

• I have just been directed to a Microsoft Community thread that has answered my question. I can supply the link if anyone requires it.

Sunday, April 3, 2016 6:39 PM
  • Cant hurt to add it so we can mark you as answered.  It also may prove helpful to other users.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Monday, April 4, 2016 11:48 AM