none
Demolished hotel - building shape still visible in Bing Maps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The question is regarding the building shape of Hilton Schiphol hotel - coordinates as follows: 52.306721, 4.756022.

The hotel’s old building has been demolished, kindly refer to this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86pReJz-3II 

This has been constantly reported via the "Feedback" option for over 1 year. Bing Maps Enterprise support team are not a option as well, as this issue falls out of scope for their team, and they would be unable to assist here. Ideally, the old building should be erased from the map and the new one which is situated on these coordinates to be outlined.

Also I am aware that this kind of update takes time, yet I was wondering if I could do anything additionally which may influence and speed up the process.

Thanks in advance!

New building on the left and old building (before demolition) on the right:

Friday, January 12, 2018 3:51 PM

Answers

• The team has looked into this is planned to be fixed in a future update. I don't have a timeline as building footprints are generally updated only once a year.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Marked as answer by Kamena Ivanova Thursday, January 18, 2018 7:50 AM
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:18 PM

All replies

• Please use the feedback button on the Bing Maps website (bing.com/maps) to report data issues like this. Doing this automatically routes this issue to the proper data provider so that it can be corrected. 

Sunday, January 14, 2018 3:58 AM
  • Hello Ricky,

Thank you for the reply. The building shape was reported numerous times via the feedback button you mentioned. In fact, it was removed in late June, 2017. Unfortunately, in September it was back again on Maps, I'm not sure what caused this return to the previous state.

Do you have any other tips, except for the Feedback option?

Monday, January 15, 2018 3:40 PM
  • I'll pass this along to the team as well. I believe they started pulling in building footprint data from another provider and that may be where the issue is. 

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:26 PM
  • Thank you, Ricky!

Hopefully there will be result soon.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:39 PM
  • The team has looked into this is planned to be fixed in a future update. I don't have a timeline as building footprints are generally updated only once a year.

• Marked as answer by Kamena Ivanova Thursday, January 18, 2018 7:50 AM
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:18 PM
  • Thank you for the additional information! 

Looking forward to the next update then.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 8:05 AM