Voting System RRS feed

• Question

• Please i need the code to connect a fingure print device to my vb voting system.someone please help.
    Monday, March 25, 2019 5:18 PM

All replies

• Hello hikikam,

Could you please update your post to include relevant information; there are many finger print devices as well as how to integrate them into an application. Currently without any code this is not going to be possible to answer besides throwing up some links.

Regards,

Trevor White

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, March 25, 2019 5:25 PM
  • Hello,

Generally speaking a hardware device such as a fingerprint scanner will have software included along with instructions how to use yet never in VB.NET usually C++ or C# so if this is the case you need to start there and if that is not enough come back here with more details.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, March 25, 2019 6:20 PM
  • Please i need the code to connect a fingure print device to my vb voting system.someone please help.

Hi hikikam,

I think Trevor is right...You want a code links (The IP address of the finger print) OR links(The report of the finger print device) Or what you need exactly  ... I'll give you a simple scenario based on my perspective ,may be help you to solve your issue if i understood you well....If the finger print device print a report ,it's so simple to attach this report to your application by this snippet of code 

Dim f As New OpenFileDialog
     Private Sub btnOpen1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles btnOpen1.Click

With f
                .Title = "Please Select a File"
                .InitialDirectory = "C:\"
                .RestoreDirectory = True
                If f.ShowDialog() <> DialogResult.OK Then
                    Exit Sub
                End If
            End With

Me.txtAtt1.Text = f.FileName
        End Sub

Private Sub txtAtt1_MouseDoubleClick(sender As Object, e As MouseEventArgs) Handles txtAtt1.MouseDoubleClick

If txtAtt1.Text = "" Then
                Exit Sub
            End If
            Process.Start(Me.txtAtt1.Text)

End Sub

Simply this snippet takes any kind of document types or any photo types or video types as (.pdf,.doc,.docx,.mp3,.mp4 and ......etc) by double click on the text box you will enable to open this file because it contains the file path and you can save this file path in your database ....This scenario or any other scenarios depends on your need and what do you really want to do ? ... if we are wrong describe what type of connection you need 

Hope it helps

Regards From Egypt

Monday, March 25, 2019 6:52 PM