none
How to pass output parameters from stored procedure activity to execute pipeline activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have to copy 100 tables from Oracle to Azure SQL. I have created one pipeline activity with two parameters, one for Source table name and another for destination table name. If i run this pipeline manually by providing the source and destination table names them it is working fine.

But as per the design, i have to fetch the source and destination table name from a separate table of destination database. For this i have created another pipeline. Within this 2nd pipeline, first i have created one stored procedure activity, which have two OUTPUT parameters. Then created a Execute Pipelineactivity which is basically calling the first pipeline. Now i want to pass the value of stored procedureOUTPUT parameter to this Execute Pipeline activity.

Please suggest how to do that.

Thanks,

Payel

Monday, March 19, 2018 7:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Payel,

Instead of using the stored procedure activity, the recommendation is to use the Lookup activity to return the list of table names in its output.  Here is a tutorial that demonstrates how to accomplish that:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/tutorial-bulk-copy-portal

Shirley

• Marked as answer by Payel Saha Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:02 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Payel,

Instead of using the stored procedure activity, the recommendation is to use the Lookup activity to return the list of table names in its output.  Here is a tutorial that demonstrates how to accomplish that:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/tutorial-bulk-copy-portal

Shirley

• Marked as answer by Payel Saha Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:02 AM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 10:36 AM
  • Hi Shirley,

Thanks for the information. It is working fine.

Thanks,

Payel

• Edited by Payel Saha Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:02 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:01 AM