none
CHAOS Test failed RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I ran the CHAOS device fundamental test on top Microsoft Multipath Bus Driver Disk and result is failed.

When i check the log all the test log showing as Passed. In the log, When you right click the Run test and choose error it said " Task Reboot Unexpectedly". I dont why Kindly help me on this.

Friday, March 14, 2014 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Vinay,

please try to run same test on different hardware. this errors usually comes when the server is not able to hibernate or sleep properly. sometimes this fails because of internal hardware error which is not related to our testing device.

Thanks,

Mudit

Sunday, March 16, 2014 4:05 PM
  • Hi Vinay,

I met same errors on  Windows 8.1 with our test devices and I saw blue screen of Windows appeared when the error occurred.

If you can also see blue screen of Windows 8.1, this may be OS problem and this problem may be solved with next update of Windows 8.1.  I asked Microsoft to fix this problem and confirmed that it is solved on test release of Windows.

YoYamada

Monday, March 17, 2014 8:16 AM
  • I'm failing this test with the Microsoft Multi-path Bus Driver, crash with 8.1.  Looks like QFE 7 might address this issue, but I'm at the end of a cert and I don't want to restart. Filter in the works please?
    Sunday, March 23, 2014 11:27 PM
  • Hi Vinay,

Before Microsoft told me about OS update, I got manaul errata ID with this problem if the problem occured by OS reboot issue. You may able to use same errata ID with the problem.

Please ask Microsoft sysdev if you can apply the errata ID after you confirmed this caused by OS reboot with blue screen.

YoYamada

Monday, March 24, 2014 1:42 AM
  • Hi YoYamada, can you post the errata ID MS gave you? Our TAM is looking at this for me.

Thanks

Ross

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 12:37 PM
  • Hi Ross,

The manual errata ID I got for the issue is 4554.

Please ask your TAM if the ID is applicable for your devices.

Best Regards,

YoYamada

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:05 AM
  • Thanks YoYamada
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:36 PM