none
Win 10 driver submissions with GlobalSign EV certificate via Dashboard hang endlessly in "Preparation". RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a severe problems since months submitting device driver for Win10 via the dashboard. The submissions pass the "Package Acceptance" phase but than hang endlessly in "Preparation". I have (several) basic questions:

1. My company has a GlobalSign EV certificate (which comes on an USB token) issued in March, 2017. Is this supported at all ? Registering at the dashboard was possible.

2. If someone has successfully performed driver signing with such an EV certificate. What cross certificates are installed on the signing machine ? Is the R1-R3 certificate installed ?

3. I perform the HLK test on a Win 10 test PC with a test signed device driver. I add this (test signed) device driver to the *hlkx package for submission. Is this correct or do I have to add a driver which is also signed with this EV certificate? The complete submitted package is signed with the EV certificate.

4. As feedback from the Microsoft support I get the information that the device driver "is corrupted". The best information I got was that opening the package in the HLK fails with “The specified locale is not supported on this operating system. [ LCID = 8192 ]”. The strange thing is that I can open the signed *.hlkx file in HLK studio installed on my signing machine without problems but also get this effect if I open it in a HLK studio on another PC. The unsigned package can be opened on both PC. Has anyone ever seen such an effect yet ?

5. If submission is successful do I get a device driver which is signed by Microsoft ? What about our EV certificate ?

I am happy about any valuable feedback.

Best regards,

Oliver

• Edited by NoPanic1 Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:14 PM Correct spelling, Removed strange characters
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:13 PM