none
SQL Server SysPrep Mode (Prepare & Complete) not working with MSDN Mode

Question

• Hi,

I decided to setup a template Hyper-V VM for SQL Server development and testing and use the SQL Server 'SysPrep' configuration.

I successfully installed the SQL Server preparation mode and Sysprep-ed the machine to the template.

Using the template I then created a new VM and tried to complete the SQL Server installation using the complete installation feature.

The problem is that it asks for the Product ID (Key) and entering the MSDN Pre-Pidded key doesn't work (the same one that's embedded in the install and works perfectly when doing a regular installation). I've double and triple checked that the key is correct but it always refuses to take it.

Any idea how I can create a Sysprepped MSDN development use SQL Server template VM ?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin Palmer

Monday, March 13, 2017 8:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

>>Any idea how I can create a Sysprepped MSDN development use SQL Server template VM ?

Since you mentioned it’s for development use, were you able to select ‘developer edition’ in the product key page? And if you couldn’t, could you please post a screenshot so we can have a better understanding about the issue?

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:14 AM