How can I display multiple records against a DataKey in the FromView RRS feed

• Question

• User-794304219 posted

I am designing a customer data entry form having one section (section 1) of single values like customer's occupation, DOB, Country.

Other section (section 2) have multiple records like below one.

Term Policy Information

------------------------------

PolicyNo, Policy name, Assured Sum

1001,   ICICI Term,      10000

2002, HDFC Term,       10000

30001, Religare Term,  20000

Should I go for FormView control for this requirement? I am not sure whether I can display multi row data inside the FormView like my requirement for Section 2.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:30 AM

All replies

• User-1838255255 posted

Hi arun_88,

According to your description, I only know you have two sections(entry form and Term Policy Information), I can't see your picture, So I not clear the relation of two sections.

As far as I know, if you have multiple rows data, you could use GridView to show these data, like section2.

If you want to show one person information, like section1, I think formview is a right choice.

About how to show data in GridView and display one row record, please refer to this link:

Display (Show) GridView Selected Row in FormView control in ASP.Net using C# and VB.Net:

http://www.aspsnippets.com/Articles/Display-Show-GridView-Selected-Row-in-FormView-control-in-ASPNet-using-C-and-VBNet.aspx 

Best Regards,

Eric Du

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 8:17 AM