none
Can I deploy and run Windows Service(Console Application) built on .Net Framework 4.8 on azure through Docker Container? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

As Azure App Service does not support .Net Framework 4.8, my WebJobs is not running. As a workaround, I want to deploy it to docker container and then deploy to Azure. 

Now I successfully created docker image locally but I cannot run it on my local. I am getting an error while running docker image. When I run docker image of Console App built in .Net core, it worked. That is one issue. (Please check below snapshot) 

Now question is, Is it possible? Can Console Application built in .Net framework 4.8 can be deployed on Azure as WebJobs?

A.R.Prajapati

Monday, January 13, 2020 5:14 AM

Answers

• After doing some R&D and I found that docker image was not created properly for my .net framework console application through Dockerfile created by Container Orchestrator Support. Problem was with COPY path. So I have changed that path and manually put Dockerfile in published folder and then created a docker image with docker build command.

It worked.

A.R.Prajapati

Thursday, January 16, 2020 11:18 PM