none
Error Media Player (0x80040200) RRS feed

• Question

• When i'm trying to reproduce any media format on my OS build i keep on getting the same error, with all the files...

Cannot open "file". Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again. (0x80040200). 

Is this a common error? What could I have done wrong?

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 12:17 PM

Answers

• Yes, that would do certainly be a problem. 

Note that any time you change your selected OS components, you must do a clean sysgen (this isn't limited to media player issues).  If you don't do a clean sysgen, the tools will attempt an incremental one.  Unfortunately they aren't very good at figuring out what needs to be built when environment variables change and you often end up with a build that is incomplete.

Dean Ramsier eMVP BSQUARE Corporation
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:27 PM

All replies

• You're probably missing an OS component.  Do you have codecs installed for the various file types you're trying to open?  What kinds of files are you trying to play?

Have you done a debug build to see if there is more information displayed about the error?

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:29 PM
  • Problem half solved. I read that a clean sysgen should solve my problem. It did

But there are some files that still don't run, like .wav files, but the codec is there. Maybe because I haven't yet installed audio in the system.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:40 PM
  • Yes, that would do certainly be a problem. 

Note that any time you change your selected OS components, you must do a clean sysgen (this isn't limited to media player issues).  If you don't do a clean sysgen, the tools will attempt an incremental one.  Unfortunately they aren't very good at figuring out what needs to be built when environment variables change and you often end up with a build that is incomplete.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:27 PM