Exposing validation errors towards end users RRS feed

• Question

• I have some challenges related to business rules validation when using MDS as a domain hub

On a daily basis (with a limited number of transactions going into MDS from the source system(s)) it is probably sufficient to handle violation of business rules through mail notification / customized workflow.

However, when handling large data sets - it is not easy to get a (user-friendly) overview of all validation errors.
    For instance: If you have several rules with multiple conditions on each - the member will be listed several times if it triggers one (or more) conditions on one (or more) business rules.

Anyone who have a solution for this problem ?

dakine

Monday, December 16, 2013 11:32 AM

Answers

• Email that states that there are error. In the email we have a link to SSRS report that displays total errors, and then error breakdown under it...

Monday, December 16, 2013 2:27 PM
  • First off I have to say that we are doing something similar to the above but not for BR errors. In any case the process is extremely similar to what you are looking for. For your SSRS I would go off the View for that particular entity. in Web UI: 1. Go to Integration Management -> Create Views 2. Add a View for the specific Entity . 3. Optionally you could take the above View and modify it in SQL management Studio to have fewer columns to make it faster, and give it another name (the drawback would be you would have to manually change it if you need to later) 4. Have SSRS run off the View you created in 2 or 3. If you are asking about how to force Validation through SQL -> mdm.udpValidateEntity, but I am assuming that Validation is done automatically while people are entering data. Or after staging, so you only need to see what has failed, or maybe passed ...
    Monday, December 16, 2013 3:18 PM

All replies

• Email that states that there are error. In the email we have a link to SSRS report that displays total errors, and then error breakdown under it...

Monday, December 16, 2013 2:27 PM
  • Did you build the SSRS reports yourself ? Using the validate SP in MDS ? It would be great if you could provide some more info

dakine

Monday, December 16, 2013 3:04 PM
  • First off I have to say that we are doing something similar to the above but not for BR errors. In any case the process is extremely similar to what you are looking for. For your SSRS I would go off the View for that particular entity. in Web UI: 1. Go to Integration Management -> Create Views 2. Add a View for the specific Entity . 3. Optionally you could take the above View and modify it in SQL management Studio to have fewer columns to make it faster, and give it another name (the drawback would be you would have to manually change it if you need to later) 4. Have SSRS run off the View you created in 2 or 3. If you are asking about how to force Validation through SQL -> mdm.udpValidateEntity, but I am assuming that Validation is done automatically while people are entering data. Or after staging, so you only need to see what has failed, or maybe passed ...
    Monday, December 16, 2013 3:18 PM