Trouble connecting to the online store

Question

• Hello,

When i start the installation, i have this message for Getting Ready :

We are having trouble connecting to the online strore, please check your internet connection and try again.

Thanks a lot

Azzam

Azzam ALNIJRES - Club Windows 7
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 3:13 PM

All replies

• ClubWindows7,

The Windows Store is not available in the Windows Developer Preview.  Whether or not it will be in the future is unknown to me at this time.

Thanks,

Chris
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 3:47 PM
  • Chris,

Thanks you for you answer

Is there a way to continue the installation with this errour ?

Azzam

Saturday, October 8, 2011 3:54 PM
  • ClubWindows7,

How are you going about the installation?  Are you clicking the ‘Store’ tile on the Start menu?  If so then there is no installation that is going to take place since the store is not available in the Windows Developer Preview.

If I am misunderstanding you then please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 5:41 PM
  • Hello again Chris,

thank you for your answer.

From Windows 7, I went to Microsoft Connect  and from Welcome to the Windows Preview Install Faire, I clicked to get started

Then clicked to link to download Windows Developer Preview  “WindowsDeveloperPreviewOnlineSetup.exe”

When I run this file

First step :

Let’s see what’s compatible

5 of your programs and devices will work

Then 2 step :

Getting Ready

If have this massage :

We are having trouble connecting to the online strore, please check your internet connection and try again

And I cant continue the installation

I hope it is more clear this time :-)

Yours,

Azzam

Saturday, October 8, 2011 5:55 PM
  • ClubWindows7,

So you are trying to install Windows Developer Preview is that correct?

Have you tried installing the Windows Developer Preview from the .iso that Microsoft provides at the following site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/br229516?

It is recommended that you do a clean installion of Windows Developer Preview from boot media that you can create with the .iso

** It is a good idea to create a backup of any data that you don't want to lose**

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks,

Chris
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 6:22 PM
  • Chris,

Yes i am trying to install Windows Developer Preview from "WindowsDeveloperPreviewOnlineSetup.exe" it dosnt work

I installed Windows Developer Preview from DVD with the .iso , it works very good and from USB also, on Virtual Box    ALL IS OK

I have anthor question :

Restore the Start menu by changing the registry key RPEnabled from 0 to 2 is it legal ?

Thank you again

Azzam

Saturday, October 8, 2011 6:32 PM