none
Beginner...

Question

• Hell0,

I have worked on visual studio 2008 and sql server 2005 5 years back..after a break i am back to work on ASP.net.But this time i got visual studio 2010 shell and SQL Server 2012.I am completely blank..can any one please help me how can i start.I saw some videos on visual studio 2010 shell.In those videos they start creating the website with database creation.But,first I want to design the web Pages or forms then i want to do further things.Please tell me how to start designing?and how to get the controls in TOOLBOX.I am not able to find controls in TOOLBOX.Its urgent....  

Thursday, March 03, 2016 12:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Avvi,

According to your description, you want to use Visual Studio 2010 to create ASP.NET application, is it right?

Please tell us which version of Visual Studio 2010 are you using?

Please create a ASP.NET Web Application from menu File -> New -> Project -> Web -> ASP.NET Web Application.

Then please open one of the .asp file first. If your Toolbox is null, please right-click in the Toolbox and select Choose Items option. It will show up a windows to let you choose the controls you want to list in Toolbox.

If it still empty, please right-click in Toolbox and then choose Reset to check whether it can show the controls. And you also can provide a screenshot to help me understanding your problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, March 04, 2016 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Avvi,

According to your description, you want to use Visual Studio 2010 to create ASP.NET application, is it right?

Please tell us which version of Visual Studio 2010 are you using?

Please create a ASP.NET Web Application from menu File -> New -> Project -> Web -> ASP.NET Web Application.

Then please open one of the .asp file first. If your Toolbox is null, please right-click in the Toolbox and select Choose Items option. It will show up a windows to let you choose the controls you want to list in Toolbox.

If it still empty, please right-click in Toolbox and then choose Reset to check whether it can show the controls. And you also can provide a screenshot to help me understanding your problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, March 04, 2016 6:55 AM
  • Hi Avvi,

Perhaps you could start by looking into Microsoft Virtual Academy as they have good collection of courses on their products. Hope this helps you.

Microsoft Virtual Academy

Thanks,

Sabah Shariq

Friday, March 04, 2016 10:08 AM