Error Loading Assembly from the Configuration Tool RRS feed

• Question

• User-1679352414 posted
    I am using Enterprise Library 2.0.
    I wrote custom exception handler implementing the IExceptionHandler and also coded a HandlerData..

Code looks like this

[ConfigurationElementType(typeof(WebRequestLoggingExceptionHandlerData))]

public class WebRequestLoggingExceptionHandler : IExceptionHandler

{

public WebRequestLoggingExceptionHandler(NameValueCollection ignore)

{

}

If I type in the exception type into the config files it works perfectly fine...but when I try to browse for the assembly from the configuration tool i get an error...There were no types found in the assembly "AssemblyName" that implement or inherit from the base type "Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.IExceptionHandler"

After reading some posts I tried copying the dll into the bin folder for Enterprise Library. That didnt work either. Also people sugested things like...making the class public, having the ConfigurationElementType attribute and having a constructor that excepts a NameValueCollection. My class already does all that.
    I am trying to use the environment overrides extension to create config files for multiple environments. Without the config tool being able to load the Handler from the assembly none of that will be possible.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 7:27 PM

All replies

• User-495274747 posted
    I'm having the same problem.

Hasn't anyone found a solution yet?
    Friday, October 27, 2006 8:20 AM
  • User-42410755 posted

Hi, 

I had the same problem with enterprise lib 3.1 (May 2007 release).

You have to sign your assembly with a strong name key file. Then it works fine (for me)!

Greetings, Andi 

Thursday, March 6, 2008 5:51 AM