windows 8

General discussion

• The new Aero lite theme is nice. The ribbon is functional makes life easier. task manager looks great too  the new fonts are great. Now the metro theme....

When you click hover over start and click settings you get a green bar to the right displaying otions like wifi , brightness, notifications, and power- this only has sleep reasrt and shut down. i dont want to have to click start, click my log in picture , then  log out. by the way that options menu when you click your log on picture is ugly. green white and black really?

This looks like a blocky old windows high constrast theme  overlayed onto a nice looking aero lite windows 7. doesn't match. no wonder someone went to the trouble of making an application that actually disables metro ui. wow. don't get me wrong i like the idea and part of the implementation like the start button looks nice and when you hover you get a transparent menu. Also your programs now appear in the start menu as tiles with larger images. nice. This gets the user to use the tablet ui as thats where your programs appear. shutting down apps is a problem. anly through task manager. these apps need a hover over exit icon like check boxes for folders.   and what happened to hibernate. that was awesome- save your open programs (yes programs not apps - that just sounds stupid) for a laptop or desktop - leave that for tablets- i know how hard microsoft tries to make sure they call  tablets a pc- so why not leave "apps" as "programs" stay true to yourself microsoft.

On a side not i was lucky enough to get 2 bsod. The new image is nice

Sunday, September 18, 2011 8:35 PM

All replies

• Thank you for your feedback, fezrulz.  We are always glad to hear of your experiences with Windows Developer Preview and ideas to improve it.  I assume you are trying to log off from the desktop and having to click the start button to go back to the metro.  From the desktop, you can hit ALT+F4 on a keyboard to bring up a pull down menu with shut down and log off options.  Hope that helps you.

Greg - Microsoft Support Engineer
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:16 PM