about and preferences pages are blank/white after converting to RTM

Question

• Our about and preferences flyouts, which worked under RC, are now blank/white after converting the project to RTM. We had used example code from the

win8 labs to construct these and they were working before. I have read the conversion guide and have made changes that seemed applicable. Is anyone else experiencing this problem, and is there a solution for this? Thanks.

09/04/2012 --  we discovered that you if you looked close, you could see the content of the these pages, but it was as if the opacity was set very low, so we tried playing with the opacity, but that had not effect. We also tried several z-index values; again, no effect. We had also tried aliceblue as a background color in the settings pane and that did not work, but when we made the background color black, the our content showed up. A number of other dark colors will work as well. So the solution is to apply a dark background color to the settings pane in the respective css files.fou
    • Edited by GalacticCoder Wednesday, September 05, 2012 1:21 AM found a solution
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:02 AM

Answers

• No, I have not seen this.

I would suggest breaking down your problem by either implanting new flyouts, see if they are working and look for differences in your implementation or start removing specialized code from your flyout and see what is breaking it.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, August 30, 2012 6:37 PM