Content compliance: failed during windows 8 (32 bit) App Submission? RRS feed

• Question

• Content compliance: failed

This test evaluates your software for content compliance with Windows Store Certification Requirements. Learn more

Your app doesn't meet requirement 10.1.10. Learn more

Notes from Testers:

The app is about a non-Windows platform.

Not getting 10.1.10 Certification requirement document in App certification requirements for the Windows Store.

How can I know the exact issue of this failure?

How can I resolve it.

Friday, March 27, 2015 12:53 PM

All replies

• Raise a support request. I would guess that requirement 10.1.10 is new and part of the next update for Windows 10. There is no mention of it that I can find.

Unfortunately some of the people who certify apps are useless. They give incredibly unhelpful notes.

"The app is about a non-Windows platform." doesn't help because there doesn't seem to be any requirement that this relates to.

What is the app about? If the given reasoning doesn't make sense to you, try resubmitting with a note to the testers (there is unfortunately no guarantee that it will be read). If you make a clear case that your app is not violating any terms (and get a competent reviewer) your app might be accepted.

Check your dashboard, there might be a report with more details (I'm not sure if they provide reports if the app failed for non-crashing reasons).

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Saturday, March 28, 2015 1:39 AM
  • If the given reasoning doesn't make sense to you, try resubmitting with a note to the testers (there is unfortunately no guarantee that it will be read).

I can verify that they don't read the note.  Last month, I sent out an emergency update to fix a catastrophic crash bug. I explained in the note to testers exactly what I did and that the update was an emergency bug fix so please please please please please rush this through. The submission was stuck at content compliance for 5 days before it was finally certified. During this time, I accumulated almost a hundred angry emails from my users regarding this bug.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 4:14 AM