none
VSTO Deployment Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an addin for Outlook 2003 and i am having issues deploying the addin to other machines.

I created Outlook 2003 project in VS 2008 on my dev machine that has Office 2003 installed.

When I run the project within VS 2008 (debug) it opens Outlook 2003 and starts up the Add-in and works fine.

When I attempt to install the add-in on a different machine everything goes smooth and it installs fine.

However when you start Outlook the Add-in doesn't load. All I get is this error given below.

"Load Behavior: A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in" 

I have Installed .NET framework 3.5 SP1, Office 2003 PIA, Visual Studio Tools for Office System 3.0 Runtime

I see that the add-in has full trust. 

I am using the setup project that gets created when you create a new Outlook 2003 add-in project to install the application. 

Can someone tell me how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

V

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You need to use caspol to grant full trust to your assembly after deploying.

To grant full trust to your assembly, follow the following steps:

1. Start Menu->All Programs->Microsoft Visual Studio 2005->Visual Studio Tools->Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt

2. In the Command Line, type as follows:

caspol -u -ag All_Code -url "C:\Test\XXAddIn.dll" FullTrust -n "Test"

(You need to replace "C:\Test\XXAddIn.dll" with your assembly’s full path that the position of your Add-In be installed.)

You can also look at the troubleshooting procedures at:

http://blogs.msdn.com/vsod/archive/2008/04/22/Troubleshootin g-com-add-in-load-failures.aspx   

Hope it can help you!

SeeSeaIng
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:05 AM
  • Its working now.

Assembly has full trust. Problem was that it did not have office2003PIA. I installed on the user pc and it worked.

Thanks

V

Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to use caspol to grant full trust to your assembly after deploying.

To grant full trust to your assembly, follow the following steps:

1. Start Menu->All Programs->Microsoft Visual Studio 2005->Visual Studio Tools->Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt

2. In the Command Line, type as follows:

caspol -u -ag All_Code -url "C:\Test\XXAddIn.dll" FullTrust -n "Test"

(You need to replace "C:\Test\XXAddIn.dll" with your assembly’s full path that the position of your Add-In be installed.)

You can also look at the troubleshooting procedures at:

http://blogs.msdn.com/vsod/archive/2008/04/22/Troubleshootin g-com-add-in-load-failures.aspx   

Hope it can help you!

SeeSeaIng
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 9:05 AM
  • Its working now.

Assembly has full trust. Problem was that it did not have office2003PIA. I installed on the user pc and it worked.

Thanks

V

Thursday, April 14, 2011 12:47 PM