none
Accessing As400 data using biztalk adapter RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

Is it possible to fetch data from as400 to biztalk server. can some one provide me the sequence of steps to be followed in order to do this.

Any help in appreciated...

Thanks

Chris

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

The HostApps and Hostfiles adapter from Host Integration server is available to receive from AS400.  Please check the following website for more details.

http://www.microsoft.com/hiserver/default.mspx

You have to use WIP concept to send data to Mainframe, HIP to receive data from Mainframe....

Thanks,

Saravana Kumar

Monday, May 5, 2008 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

The HostApps and Hostfiles adapter from Host Integration server is available to receive from AS400.  Please check the following website for more details.

http://www.microsoft.com/hiserver/default.mspx

You have to use WIP concept to send data to Mainframe, HIP to receive data from Mainframe....

Thanks,

Saravana Kumar

Monday, May 5, 2008 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

I have created two recive port in biztalk administration console. One for executing the select command for DB2 and the other one to recive the result. i have a query on that. Do i have to create any send port. Can some one help me in clarifying what is the next step to be followed inorder to select data from AS400..

Thanks

Chris. 

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 10:26 AM
  • Hi Chris,

Not sure how far you got with this. You'll probably want to generate a schema first up (right-click Biztalk Project > Add Generated Items... > Add Adapter MetaData > DB2).

Normally for receiving data from a DB2 query you'll just have the one send port configured as 'Static Solicit-Response', matching the target namespace and the response element name with those in your schema. Let me know if you need more help.

Cheers,
    Sam.

Monday, June 16, 2008 7:53 AM