Create a new robot of sefl supplied dimension small in size RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am new to Microsoft robotics developer studio. I am trying to design a nano robot for which I need a cylindrical shape small robot in which sensor and accelerometer is attached. In RDS environment, the robot is shown by a laptop placed on a wheel connected trolly in which laptop serves the function of camera and sensor. This robot is not suitable for designing of nano-robot because of its small size which moves through viscous medium.

I will be thankful if someone help me to design a  robot of specified dimension in replace of laptop and wheel trolly like structure.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, November 7, 2011 5:15 PM

Answers

• HI javadeveloper, looks like your using Win Vista, or Win 7 and MSRD R4... I will like to help out more, but I'm using WinXP-Pro SP3, MSRD R3, with the SPL.

I'm also having problems trying to run MSRD R4 on Win 7 Ultimate, with the new SPL for MSRD R4. I think Vista and Win 7 security features dont let MSRD work, I'm still working on it.

If you want to check that your MSRD is working, open a simple node.......

• Start Button -  MSRD folder - select "Run DSS Node"

This is the easy way to open a simple node on your CPU, and will bring up Internet Explorer to localhost 50000, with a display menu on internet explorer letting you choose diffirent settings and other programs for MSRD

I'm assuming you have installed MSRD properly by following the instructions, and meet the CPU req., and have/or use  Admin account settings.

If the Node worked fine, then the problem lies with SPL; if the Node failed then MSRD and SPL will not work.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 5:34 AM

All replies

• you might want to try the SPL libraries for MSRD see link

http://www.helloapps.com/

although it just came out with the MSRD R4 version, there is still a MSRD R3 version in the intallation.

The SPL makes using the MSRD easyer to use for begginers, because it does not use the C# syntax or the DSS and CCR directly or at all. It uses a semi style coding that has lots of examples with Power Point instructions, that get you up and running fast. Once you get a feel of MSRD in an easy way like this, you can learn the proper way of using MSRD with C#, DSS, and CCR if you ever decide to.

you can give it a try and if you like it, you might be able to design your own robot.

Cheers and have fun :)

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 4:57 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply and hope its work fine.I have installed SPLX Launcher Setup with the existing MRDS. SPL script editor for MSRDS V 1.0 is also opening properly. I am trying to run some sample codes given along with the editor but errors comes on the command prompt like screen. Your given link works good for me and I think I will solve out my problem from this link.Please help me out from this error so that the code works fine.

I am attaching the screenshot of the error screen.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:07 AM
  • HI javadeveloper, looks like your using Win Vista, or Win 7 and MSRD R4... I will like to help out more, but I'm using WinXP-Pro SP3, MSRD R3, with the SPL.

I'm also having problems trying to run MSRD R4 on Win 7 Ultimate, with the new SPL for MSRD R4. I think Vista and Win 7 security features dont let MSRD work, I'm still working on it.

If you want to check that your MSRD is working, open a simple node.......

• Start Button -  MSRD folder - select "Run DSS Node"

This is the easy way to open a simple node on your CPU, and will bring up Internet Explorer to localhost 50000, with a display menu on internet explorer letting you choose diffirent settings and other programs for MSRD

I'm assuming you have installed MSRD properly by following the instructions, and meet the CPU req., and have/or use  Admin account settings.

If the Node worked fine, then the problem lies with SPL; if the Node failed then MSRD and SPL will not work.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 5:34 AM