Sharepoint 2010 and Microstrategy integration with LDAP Authentication RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I need implement a solution that integrates Sharepoint 2010 and Microstrategy. I am currently trying to use the MicroStrategy web part, but so far i have had trouble with the LDAP (not Active Directory) authenticated user in sharepoint to authenticate in microstrategy also.
    Currently LDAP’s users can authenticate to sharepoint site and the MicroStrategy site separately, but MicroStrategy does not receive credentials through the webpart.
    The goal is that users can log in the sharepoint site and automatically they are authenticated in the web part of MicroStrategy without re-entering the credentials.
    What do you suggest me to resolve this implementation?
    • Edited by Alarbu Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:52 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:51 PM

Answers

• This would require a Single Sign On or Kerberos solution.
    http://sharepoint.nauplius.net
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:28 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Trevor.

Leverage existing Portal or security store, including single sign-on and LDAP, is one of MicroStrategy Key Features for SharePoint 2010.

Thanks

Rock Wang

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by Rock Wang– MSFT Friday, October 28, 2011 6:25 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Alarbu Friday, October 28, 2011 2:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Trevor SewardMVP Sunday, September 1, 2013 10:51 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2011 8:34 AM

All replies

•  

Hello,

I need implement a solution that integrates Sharepoint 2010 and Microstrategy. I am currently trying to use the MicroStrategy web part, but so far i have had trouble with the LDAP (not Active Directory) authenticated user in sharepoint to authenticate in microstrategy also.

Currently LDAP’s users can authenticate to sharepoint site and the MicroStrategy site separately, but MicroStrategy does not receive credentials through the webpart.

The goal is that users can log in the sharepoint site and automatically they are authenticated in the web part of MicroStrategy without re-entering the credentials.

What do you suggest me to resolve this implementation?

• Edited by Alarbu Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:52 PM
    • Moved by Qiao Wei Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:10 AM 2010 issue (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    • Merged by Rock Wang– MSFT Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:22 AM duplicate
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:48 PM
  • This would require a Single Sign On or Kerberos solution.
    http://sharepoint.nauplius.net
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:28 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Trevor.

Leverage existing Portal or security store, including single sign-on and LDAP, is one of MicroStrategy Key Features for SharePoint 2010.

Thanks

Rock Wang

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by Rock Wang– MSFT Friday, October 28, 2011 6:25 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Alarbu Friday, October 28, 2011 2:28 PM
    • Marked as answer by Trevor SewardMVP Sunday, September 1, 2013 10:51 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2011 8:34 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the answers.

I thougth the same, but anybody knows how can i configure sharepoint SSS and LDAP to do SSO in my intranet microstrategy Web?

Is there any walkthrough to do that with an asp.net web application?

There is a property in The Microstrategy Web part called SSO Application Name, in the microstrategy documentation says:

SSO Application Name: Enter the name of the single sign-on (SSOSrv) service application that controls how credentials for MicroStrategy Web are stored and mapped. The code within the MicroStrategy Web Part uses this application  to retrieve credentials that are then used to integrate with MicroStrategy Web.

I create a SSS in sharepoint 2010 and then copy the application name in this property but it don´t work.

Regards

Friday, October 28, 2011 2:28 PM
  • Hi Alarbu, I know it's a pretty old topic.

Have you solved this question? I met the same situation as you did.

I hope you could provide some advice.

Thank you so much!

Monday, October 8, 2012 12:21 PM