none
why my kinect LED is blinking in green color, and the simple shape game is not starting, and the simple skeletal viewer does not have skeletons? RRS feed

• Question

• Is my kinect's firmware version is not correct? My xbox's build is not latest 13599, it is earlier version. 

is my kinect's firmware's version has been downgraded by xbox? is it the reason?

Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:17 PM

All replies

• It is normal for Kinect LED to always be blinking in green color under Kinect SDK Beta.

What are the errors that you see when you try to load shape game and skeletal viewer samples? Have you tried building samples directly from installed location at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Microsoft Research KinectSDK Samples\NUI\? If you build them from Visual Studio projects you can set breakpoints and gather additional information about errors.

Also, if you go to Device Manager, do you see devices described in page 7 of programming guide (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/kinectsdk/docs/ProgrammingGuide_KinectSDK.pdf), section "to verify the driver installation".

Also, if you go to "Programs and Features" control panel, what is the version you see for "Microsoft Kinect SDK"?

Eddy

I'm here to help
    • Proposed as answer by Code Chief Tuesday, June 12, 2012 10:30 PM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:04 PM