Column headers not displaying on each page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using SSRS 2008 and lately came across a strange issue. Page headers not displaying on each page.

When we use the wizard, it works fine, but when we make use of the table object it does not.

I have gone through all the forums and tried the suggestions but no luck.

1. Set the properties of the tablix to 'Repeat Header rows on each page' and the 'Repeat Header columns on each page'
    2. On the columns group, select advanced and set the properties of the Static (Fixeddata = True, RepeatOnNewPage = True)
    When we do this we get an error."All TablixMember elements in a TablixColumnHierarchy must have the RepeatOnNewPage Property set to false"

One workaround is to place the column headers in the pageheader, but this is not desirable since I want to get to the root of the problem.

Any ideas welcome
    Thanks
    Dewald

Friday, October 9, 2009 6:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

In your 2nd step, please do it on the Row Group, no in the column groups.

See http://blogs.msdn.com/robertbruckner/archive/2008/10/13/Repeat-Header-And-Visible-Fixed-Header-Table.aspx on describes how to repeat the header on each page in sql server 2008.

thanks,
    Jerry
    • Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Friday, October 16, 2009 7:45 AM
    Monday, October 12, 2009 3:22 AM
  • Thanks for posting this, it helped solve my problem.

I can't believe how something some incredibly simple as keeping headers on a page could be so difficult to figure out with the tablix.  I've never seen reporting tools that are this difficult and full of properties that don't do what they say they are going to do like how the obvious "Repeat header columns on each page" doesn't work unless you know these crazy work arounds.

Monday, March 26, 2012 6:18 PM
  • OMG Thanks for this thread. I t helped me out. However I will have to totaly agree with CMAY! For this to be a simple thing to do, It is very complecated.
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 5:44 PM
  • This is still a problem in Report Builder 3.0 for SQL 2008 R2. I agree, it should not be complicated. I would have never figured it out myself. Thanks a lot!
    Friday, January 25, 2013 6:41 PM
  • I'm using report builder 3.0 and have the similar problem.  I'm following the steps in the link provided by it's still not working. Error message below:

The tablix 'Tablix1' has an invalid TablixMember. All TablixMember elements in a TablixColumnHierarchy must have the KeepWithGroup property set to "None".

Any ideas why I could still be having this problem?  

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 6:45 PM
  • This really helped me. I can't believe how difficult this was to figure out. SSRS is a good report solution but it is really bad at making simple things difficult. Microsoft really needs to make some improvements.
    Tuesday, March 1, 2016 3:36 PM
  • Hi Jerry Nee,

I am having a problem in a report in repeating row header i am trying to do 2nd step on the row group but there is not any static row group present in my report for the header which i want to repeat. It is may be because of there is a column group also applied on the same header row.Can we apply row group and column group on the same row? Please let me know what can be done.

Please let me know asap as it is an urgent work. Early help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ranu

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 1:40 PM
  • Thank you very much! It was very helpful. 
    Saturday, March 7, 2020 8:19 PM