Why I cant not deploy my project? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, all here,

I am currently encountering a problem when I try to deploy my project. The error always occur with message like this: The dimension with ID of 'Country Region', Name of 'Country Region' referenced by the '539F3D4D-93E0-4D4D-A3A5-4E2C2872D9C4 ~MC' cube, does not exist.
    Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when loading the 539F3D4D-93E0-4D4D-A3A5-4E2C2872D9C4 ~MC cube, from the file, '\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\OLAP\Data\BUMarks.0.db\539F3D4D-93E0-4D4D-A3A5-4E2C2872D9C4 ~MC.0.cub.xml'.

I did create some cubes in my project before but I have deleted all of them. This should not affect my new project processing?

How can I solve this problem then?

Thanks a lot in advance for any guidance and help.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:56 PM

Answers

• Two other suggestions that you might try are to change the deployment settings (right click on the DB in the solution explorer and choose Properties, then deployment settings in the tree in the dialog).  The Deployment Mode property can be changed to Full to ensure that you're sending the full database definition (all of the objects, not just the ones that have been changed since last deployment).  This is important if you (or anyone else) has changed the objects on the server since last deployment.  Also, there is a Processing Option property that you can set to Full to ensure that all of the objects are fully processed initially instead of the default which is incremental.  You can later adjust these properties as you work to switch back to the incremental deploy\process modes.

Lastly, when you deploy you can check the output window to ensure there aren't any build errors (although it sounds like from your description that you're getting further along than that).

Hope that helps.

Friday, June 2, 2006 11:57 PM

All replies

• I don't know exactly what the problem is, but here's what I would try:

- Deploy/Process the missing dimension
    - Deploy to a different database name to see if problem persists

Also, you say that you created some cubes but you deleted all of them, does that mean your project consists of just a Datasource, DSV, and dimensions?

-PMP

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:52 PM
  • Two other suggestions that you might try are to change the deployment settings (right click on the DB in the solution explorer and choose Properties, then deployment settings in the tree in the dialog).  The Deployment Mode property can be changed to Full to ensure that you're sending the full database definition (all of the objects, not just the ones that have been changed since last deployment).  This is important if you (or anyone else) has changed the objects on the server since last deployment.  Also, there is a Processing Option property that you can set to Full to ensure that all of the objects are fully processed initially instead of the default which is incremental.  You can later adjust these properties as you work to switch back to the incremental deploy\process modes.

Lastly, when you deploy you can check the output window to ensure there aren't any build errors (although it sounds like from your description that you're getting further along than that).

Hope that helps.

Friday, June 2, 2006 11:57 PM