none
Re: Automatic retrieval of latest version from VSS through MSBuild? RRS feed

• Question

• hi, i m new to msbuild, and i dont know much details about it. can anyone send me the coding for get latest version from vss through msbuild and also how to call third party application through msbuild...
    Thursday, March 23, 2006 1:32 PM

Answers

• Nishu,

You'll need to get an MSBuild task that knows how to do this. The SDC tasks include one, along with documentation. You can find it at http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Details.aspx?SampleGuid=2CB20E79-D706-4706-9EA0-26188257EE7D.

Neil

Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:19 PM
  • Hi as i wrote earlier how i m running get latest version from msbuild. I am able to run this but sometimes it gives an error in ss.exe and then i have to run get latest version manually from visual sourcesafe. After running it manually it runs successfully through msbuild. But i dont know that why it sometimes giving error...

I am running it in this way...am i doing anything wrong???

<Exec WorkingDirectory="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual SourceSafe\" Command="ss.exe Workfold $/Stc/2.00 C:\Devlp\Stc\2.00"/>

<Exec WorkingDirectory="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual SourceSafe\" Command="ss.exe Get $/Stc/2.00 -R -I-Y"/>

thanks

Nishant

Friday, April 21, 2006 6:32 AM

All replies

• Nishu, it looks like your question is mostly related to using VSS and MSBuild - so I redirected it to a new post here:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=313026&SiteID=1

John

Thursday, March 23, 2006 2:32 PM
  • Nishu,

You'll need to get an MSBuild task that knows how to do this. The SDC tasks include one, along with documentation. You can find it at http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Details.aspx?SampleGuid=2CB20E79-D706-4706-9EA0-26188257EE7D.

Neil

Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:19 PM
  • Hi I have used the normal way of get latest version (like in command prompt)..this is working fine but is it the correct way of doing it or i should use get latest version function... If it is not the best way to do this please let me know the best way....

<Exec WorkingDirectory="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual SourceSafe\" Command="ss.exe Workfold $/Stc/2.00 C:\Devlp\Stc\2.00"/>

<Exec WorkingDirectory="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual SourceSafe\" Command="ss.exe Get $/Stc/2.00 -R"/>

Thanks

Nishu 

Monday, April 10, 2006 1:15 PM
  • Hi as i wrote earlier how i m running get latest version from msbuild. I am able to run this but sometimes it gives an error in ss.exe and then i have to run get latest version manually from visual sourcesafe. After running it manually it runs successfully through msbuild. But i dont know that why it sometimes giving error...

I am running it in this way...am i doing anything wrong???

<Exec WorkingDirectory="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual SourceSafe\" Command="ss.exe Get $/Stc/2.00 -R -I-Y"/>

thanks

Nishant

Friday, April 21, 2006 6:32 AM