get delivery report for mail on asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• User-1352472826 posted

Guys i am looking to find whether my mail is delivered or not on asp.net(c#).please help me to find that out.....thanx in advance....

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 4:42 AM

All replies

• User487807879 posted

Try with this:

MailMessage message = new MailMessage();
    message.DeliveryNotificationOptions = DeliveryNotificationOptions.OnSuccess;
    or this:
    MailMessage message = new MailMessage();
    message.Headers.Add("Disposition-Notification-To", "<yourmail@yourdomain.com>");

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 5:13 AM
  • User-1352472826 posted

thanx for ur help.....

i tried this stuff but it will just assign onsuccess to message.DeliveryNotificationOptions...................

can u please tell me what this "DeliveryNotificationOptions.OnSuccess;" actually does...and how i come to know that its not being delivered using this message???

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 6:44 AM
  • User-1936035690 posted
    Hi,
    There isn't anyway to know with 100% certainty if the message was delivered to the recipient's inbox, or if the recipient viewed the message (I'm assuming that's what you really want to know).

If you wanted to deliver the message directly to the recipients mail server, you could perform a MX record lookup, and set the .Server property to the recipeints server. This way it gets delievered without a relay server. There are a number of issues with this technique, but it may work for your situation.

Another option is to embed an image beacon (link) in the HTML mail body of the message, and record when the image is served up from IIS. However, due to many mail clients blocking remote HTTP requests, this isn't very accurate.

Cheers!
    Dave
    Tuesday, September 9, 2008 2:39 PM