none
Outlook Add-in Menu Stay Open on Click RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing an add-in for Outlook (VSTO). This add-in features a new ribbon split button which contains a menu (configured via CustomUI XML). This menu contains multiple checkboxes. I want to be able to open this menu, click on multiple checkboxes, and then close the menu. Problem is that clicking any checkbox always closes the menu, which means I have to open the menu multiple times to check all required checkboxes. I want to be able to click these checkboxes and keep the menu open, until I click away or click on the menu button itself. Is this in any way possible? Image Link & Reduced XML Code below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui" onLoad="Ribbon_Load">
      <ribbon>
        <tabs>
          <tab idMso="TabNewMailMessage">
            <group id="Group" insertBeforeQ="GroupSend" autoScale="true" label="label">
              <splitButton id="SplitButton1" size="large" >
                <toggleButton id="toggleId"
                  label="MyLabel"
                  getImage="GetImage"
                  onAction="myActionCallback"
                  getPressed="getPressedCallback" />
                <menu id="MyMenu1" label="labelMenu" itemSize="normal" showLabel="true">
                  <checkBox id="Checkbox1"
                        label="checkbox 1"
                        getPressed="Checkbox1GetPressedCallback"
                        onAction="myAction1" />
                  <checkBox id="Checkbox2"
                        label="checkbox 2"
                        getPressed="Checkbox2GetPressedCallback"
                        onAction="myAction2" />
                </menu>
              </splitButton>
            </group>
          </tab>
        </tabs>
      </ribbon>
    </customUI>

Thanks!

Friday, October 5, 2018 7:49 AM

Answers

• I'm afraid this function is not possible with MENU. I also did not find such a scenario e.g. Folder pane feature(see the following picture) in the native Outlook client. 

Also, I can't find any related Event about Checkbox and Menu control. You could refer to the following link:

checkBox (Check Box)

Context Menu

menu (Menu)

However, if possible, can you use the Form to achieve it?

Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Friday, October 5, 2018 1:17 PM

All replies

• I'm afraid this function is not possible with MENU. I also did not find such a scenario e.g. Folder pane feature(see the following picture) in the native Outlook client. 

Also, I can't find any related Event about Checkbox and Menu control. You could refer to the following link:

checkBox (Check Box)

Context Menu

menu (Menu)

However, if possible, can you use the Form to achieve it?

Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Friday, October 5, 2018 1:17 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Simon.

Seems to not be possible then :/ I could have a look at Form, just don't really have time for a more complex implementation.

Cheers!

Friday, October 5, 2018 3:13 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.  Please remember to mark the reply as answer if it helped. Please help us close the thread.  Thanks for your understanding. If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let me know. 

I wish you a happy life!

Monday, October 8, 2018 4:46 AM