none
file not found error crdb_adoplus.dll RRS feed

• Question

• First of all, I have read and googled and read and googled more.  But the answers don't help my problem. If you get confused easily or have sever ADD, then you may want to let an expert handle this :-)

I have a windows com app that utilizes crystal 13 , (2010).  Everything works fine and dandy in .net 3.5.  However, if I flip to 4 full and add

<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
        <requiredRuntime version="v4.0.20506"/>
        <supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>
      </startup>

to my config I still have some problems as follows:

In IDE vs2010, everything runs fine.  But when I register with the regasm v4.0.30319 and try to load a crystal report, the calling app craps out.  Normally, I would attach the process to the calling app and trace down to the exact error.  But with modifications to the config file, I can't seem to get the symbols to attach so my break point never hits.

If I take out the additions to the config file, I can debug in .net 4 and the calling app craps out at the crystal report load with the old  file not found error crdb_adoplus.dll error.  So I'm pretty sure the problem is the deployment of the .net 4 library.

So, my question is this, how can I debug a com class call as an attached process with the modifications to the config files AND, (more importantly), Why is the deployment of the .net 4 dll crashing whereas the IDE run does not?

For now, I just switched everything back down to 3.5.  But, I'm wondering what will happen when I NEED .net 4.  The SAP answers appear to point the issue as to being a .net 4 MS issue in the way it loads older assemblies, thus the reason I'm posting to MSDN vs SAP.

DonSAP, you are the greatest, but I couldn't find this answer in all your replies.

Thanks,

Greg Kowieski The World On-Line
    • Moved by Andrew.Wu Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:57 AM (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 6:25 PM

All replies