database mirroring RRS feed

• Question

• I am new user of SQl and preparing the exam database mirroring....can you tell me how i start the mirroirng ..what is my first tep..and is there only one instance
    Wednesday, April 18, 2007 5:05 PM

Answers

• The first step is, you need at least 2 instances for mirroring, otherwise it's meaningless.

I suggest you open up SQL Server 2005 Books Online and read every topic on mirroring thoroughly.

Why are you taking an exam in it if you don't know anything about it? Seems a bit pointless to me, maybe I'm just jaded and cynical.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:29 AM

All replies

• The first step is, you need at least 2 instances for mirroring, otherwise it's meaningless.

I suggest you open up SQL Server 2005 Books Online and read every topic on mirroring thoroughly.

Why are you taking an exam in it if you don't know anything about it? Seems a bit pointless to me, maybe I'm just jaded and cynical.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:29 AM
  • hi thanks for replying...i know about sql server..but i m  a new user,but i know every thing about mirrioring....but i want to take some step that i directly use mirrioing,..and i want to clear MCTS sql and but i read rea 12 time the database mirrioirng topic on msdn,   one day i will be a shinner administrator..I will prove you after few months, but i need some help that why i reply you..please do me in a favour
    Sunday, April 22, 2007 6:05 PM